- 11 Facts About Luke and the Book
- Parents of John the Baptist
- Angel Gabriel
- 10 Promises Prophesied About John the Baptist
- Zechariah Reacts to God’s Message
- Caesar Ruled 50 Years Before Jesus’ Birth
- 7 Children God Named Before Birth
- He is called Most High
- Mary Mother of Jesus
- Servant of The Lord
- In The Beginning Was The Word
- Who Believed in Jesus?
- 10 Messianic Prophecies With Jesus’ Birth
In the beginning was the Word. There are three books in the Bible that begin with the beginning:
- Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Mark 1:1 – The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- John 1:1 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
What beginning is John talking about, the beginning of the gospel that Mark begins his book with or Genesis?
Jesus is the Word
John tells you in
- John 1 that the Word is God.
- John 1:14 that the word became flesh and dwelt among us.
- John 1:1 that Jesus was there, at the beginning when God created the heavens and earth. How is it possible?
When you read Genesis 1 you know God the Father was there, He is the Creator.
Genesis 1:1-2 tells you how the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters
Where was Jesus?
John 1:3 tells you that everything was created through Him and that everything is held together by Jesus; without Jesus there would be nothing.
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Colossians 1:16–17 ESV)
Jesus is the Light and life
In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:4–5 ESV)
When you switch on the light, all darkness disappears immediately.
How much more powerful is the living, true Light?
Darkness flees from the light.
Darkness cannot overcome Light.
In fact darkness was overcome by Light when Jesus died for our sins.
New Living Translation says that the darkness can never extinguish the light.
So which one is more powerful?
The Light, Jesus, of course!